Winter can be a dull time to try and sell your house. Without the added color of fresh plants in the spring and blooming flowers of summer, or even the rich colors of fall, it can be harder for sellers to give their home the kind of curb appeal that draws in buyers. Still, there are ways to showcase all that your home has to offer and bring in a sale.
Think About Curb Appeal
First impressions really do count when it comes to selling your home. You want to grab a buyer’s attention from the moment they pull into your driveway. Some simple tactics to use to make your house stand out and increase your home value include:
- Adding a splash of color – Color can really brighten a home’s overall look and make it more appealing. Something as simple as repainting the front door or adding some colorful cushions to a front porch chair can make a buyer take note.
- Add loads of lights – Shorter days in the winter mean that more buyers are going to see your home after sundown. A dark house isn’t as inviting as one that sports plenty of lights. Be sure to add walkway and/or driveway lights, a cozy lantern in the front and a good quality porch light. Here’s another tip: open your shades and curtains to allow potential buyers to see into your lovely home after dark. This will make your home feel more inviting.
- Add some bird feeders – This is a lovely way to bring colorful birds to your property and entice buyers.
A Good Outside Scrubbing is Essential to Drawing in Buyers
When it comes to drawing the attention of potential buyers, a sparkling clean exterior often does the trick, especially during the drab winter months. Homeowners often discredit the importance of a good exterior scrub down. However, there are a lot of benefits to taking the time for a solid scrub down:
- Clean windows make the whole house shine – Never underestimate the importance of sparkling clean windows. Not only does it make the house look well cared for, but clean windows allow more natural light into the house. This can brighten a grumpy buyer’s mood, while also making your interior rooms look more open and airy.
- Power washing the outside – Such a simple thing to do that will offer a big impact on a buyer. A clean exterior looks more inviting and makes the buyer feel as if the home has been well loved and maintained.
- A clean roof – Over time the roof of any home may become streaked and discolored. This can send red flags to a buyer, causing concern for the health of the actual roof. Having a professional like Indiana Roof & Exterior Cleaning clear your roof of stains, streaks, mold and other discolorations will make it look much newer, and that can be a real selling point for any home.
- Clean walkways, driveways and patios add much-needed curb appeal – a dingy patio may not grab a buyer’s attention, but a clean one will showcase the outdoor livability of the home. Likewise, a clean walkway and driveway are most welcoming.
Selling house during the dull winter months can be a bit more difficult, but it isn’t impossible. The key to making a sale is making your house look as good as you can. That includes a proper exterior cleaning. Call Indiana Roof & Exterior Cleaning today for a free estimate for a complete exterior cleaning package.